SEANERGY and ICOE join forces in 2018 to organize the world’s largest event on Marine Renewable Energy, in Cherbourg, Normandy – France, from June 12 to 14.
Every two years since 2006, ICOE brings together 600 to 900 experts, more than 100 high-level speakers and almost a hundred exhibitors: in 2016, 25 countries were represented. This conference aims to bring together all the players in the marine energy sector (ocean thermal energy, wave power, tidal, osmotic) in order to share their latest experiences in research and technological applications. The conference is supported by the International Energy Agency (IEA) through its technology collaboration program (Ocean Energy Systems – OES).
Seanergy – major Marine Renewable Energy (EMR) event in Europe – gathered in 2017 3,500 experts and professionals, 220 exhibitors from 15 different countries, and organized more than 800 business meetings. 40 renowned speakers shared their latest observations, new developments and innovations during a set of high-level conferences.
By their complementarity, these two events allow to combine scientific content and business opportunities, in order to:
- Disseminate the results and technical applications resulting from research on MRE
- Create business opportunities for companies in the MRE sector
- Highlight the economic and societal dimension of MREs
- Encourage young people to orient themselves towards the MRE sector
Normandy has many assets for the development of tidal energy and offshore wind power, with:
- Three offshore wind farms in Courseulles-sur-Mer (450MW), Fécamp (498 MW) and Dieppe-Le Tréport (496 MW),
- The world’s number 1 tidal potential for commercial use, located in the Alderney Current (Raz Blanchard, 5,000MW),
- Five major industrial ports: Cherbourg, Le Havre, Caen-Ouistreham, Dieppe and Fécamp,
- A research network dedicated to MRE bringing together more than 30 laboratories and research centers,
- 190 SMEs with recognized expertise in the field of MRE.